Views
Helpful
Replies

switch port configuration

yann.boulet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i need to configure an isolated switch with default configuration with a dedicated network on my catalyst network core with vlans, this dedicated switch is directly connected to my pix firewall interface.

first i only need to pass through my catalyst core network so i prepared a cable to the firewall interface and another cable to replace the one on the isolated switch, what do i need to do on the 2 interfaces of my core switch ?

switch mode access ??

thank you

4 Replies 4

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

if its isolated, then i understand it'll have its own vlans & requires no communication with any other device on network.

Then you may create a vlan on core, assign 1 port to this vlan & connect your isolated network switch to this vlan port. Yes, it'll be access port & doesnt need to be trunked.

thank you for the reply but do i need to configure same vlan ID on the isolated switch where interfaces are connected to the core switch ?

Yes you have to create this vlan on the isolated switch & add the port conecting core to this vlan.

ok thanks a lot so my port configuration should be the same for both switches and like that :

interface GigabitEthernet3/2

switchport access vlan 212

switchport mode access

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card