cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASSERT CRITICAL PO1/0 Threshold Cross Alarm - B3

olsonc0510
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to find out what this means. Every 6 months or so, my 7204 locks up. I can't even get to it via the console port and I must reboot to access it. I noticed this alarm in my logs.( ASSERT CRITICAL PO1/0 Threshold Cross Alarm - B3) I've looked on-line but can't pinpoint it's meaning. Looks like a flapping interface but might be something else. Please advise...

Thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The chances of the router locking up due to these errors alone is pretty remote. It is more likely a hardware problem or software bug.

The most stable version is 12.4(17), but since you're running a T train release now you may need to upgrade to 12.4(15)T1 to keep the same features you have now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

This message tells you that your POS interface is reporting a critical alarm due to BIP-B3 errors. BIP errors are bit-errors introduced on the link between your router and the directly connected host.

Check your fibers, your clocking settings, etc. You may consider upgrading to a later version of code to eliminate any bugs causing this. The last step would be replacing your POS PA.

Thank you very much for the info!!

The version I am running now is:

7200 Software (C7200-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(2)T2.

Can you recommend the latest stable version to upgrade to? Lastly, is it possible the error would cause the router to lock up or is in more likely that the hardware itself is causing the errors and the lockup?

The chances of the router locking up due to these errors alone is pretty remote. It is more likely a hardware problem or software bug.

The most stable version is 12.4(17), but since you're running a T train release now you may need to upgrade to 12.4(15)T1 to keep the same features you have now.

Thanks! You've been extremely helpful!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card