3560 8 port switch for training lab

Answered Question
Nov 29th, 2007

I read a post that said this would make a good switch. I tried to find the enterprise version of this switch for sale, but I can not find the part #. Am I missing something?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by ccbootcamp about 9 years 1 week ago

Nope, no license key to install it. Will it physically work? Yes. Legally? You better check that out with your local Cisco account team. :)

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post!)

Correct Answer by ccbootcamp about 9 years 1 week ago

No, you're not missing anything. The only 3560 8-port switch part # is:

WS-C3560-8PC-S

Which comes with the standard version of IOS. If you have a CCO account, you can download the enhanced version and it will run on the 3560 8-port switch.

Disclaimer: You should check with your local Cisco AM to make sure you purchase the proper licensing to make it legit.

ttyl,

-Brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

Overall Rating: 4.3 (4 ratings)
Correct Answer
ccbootcamp Thu, 11/29/2007 - 13:12

No, you're not missing anything. The only 3560 8-port switch part # is:

WS-C3560-8PC-S

Which comes with the standard version of IOS. If you have a CCO account, you can download the enhanced version and it will run on the 3560 8-port switch.

Disclaimer: You should check with your local Cisco AM to make sure you purchase the proper licensing to make it legit.

ttyl,

-Brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

SteveDexter Thu, 11/29/2007 - 14:03

Do I need any type of license key to get the enhanced version to run on the 3560 8-port switch? If I am using it for a lab environment, will it work?

Correct Answer
ccbootcamp Thu, 11/29/2007 - 14:21

Nope, no license key to install it. Will it physically work? Yes. Legally? You better check that out with your local Cisco account team. :)

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post!)

Actions

This Discussion