Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 - Idle URL file format

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I've been able insert custom background for the user to choose, in 7911 (Cisco Call Manager 5.1.2).

I would like too to use Idle URL Option, but i dont know how to do it (ive been able to put idle url background with sdk in 7940-60-70 series, but it is not working with 7911, giving me always XML Error(5)).

Can you help me please?

5 Replies 5

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

It is possilbe that you are using any of these special characters becasuse there is a note in the following link stating that

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6763.shtml#q20

Special characters cannot be parsed correctly and return an error to the IP phone. Some of these special characters are ( & " ' < > ). Avoid use of these characters in the naming convention for your users.

Sorry but that is not my problem.

My problem is the format of the file to put in the idle url for a 7911.

Thanks.

Hi Met,

Here is the format for the 7911;

List.xml Example

-

FTP:Desktops/95x34x1/TN-Mountain.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/95x34x1/Mountain.png" />

FTP:Desktops/95x34x1/TN-Ocean.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/95x34x1/Ocean.png" />

The PNG files for background images must meet the following requirements for proper display on the Cisco Unified IP Phone:

Full size image-95 pixels (width) X 34 pixels (height).

Thumbnail image-23 pixels (width) X 8 pixels (height).

Color palette-For best results, set to monochrome (1-bit) when you create a PNG file.

(Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G and 7911G)

Customizing the Cisco Unified IP Phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/4_2/english/administration/guide/11cust_ps379_TSD_Products_Administration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1088046

Hope this is what you were looking for,

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for your explanation, but, as you can see in my first post, i can insert custom backgrounds via list.xml, without problems. I can't use the idle url option in 7911, but i can in 7940/60.

Understood my problem?

Thanks!

:)

Met

Hi Met,

were you able to solve this problem? I am getting that same xml error on my 7911.

Roy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: