Uninstall Unity Express

Answered Question
Nov 29th, 2007
User Badges:

I have a Voice GW which has Unity Express module installed. It was configured, but has never been used. I plan on shutting the module down, power down the router, and then removing it from the router. Is there anything I need to be aware of?

Correct Answer by mciarfello about 9 years 6 months ago

I never had a problem with the above, but if you want the official shutdown procedure (powering off is faster. lol) here it is.

do a "show run" and determine what your interface Service-Engine port and slot is. For example, mine is 0/0.

Router#service-module service-Engine 0/0 shutdown

Do you want to proceed with shutdown?[confirm]y

WARNING: Confirm that the service-module status shows 'is Shutdown' before removing the module or powering off the system !

Which you can do by

Router#service-module service-Engine 0/0 status

Correct Answer by paolo bevilacqua about 9 years 6 months ago

Not really. Even if you power down without stopping the module first, corruption to file system is unlikely.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
paolo bevilacqua Thu, 11/29/2007 - 15:40
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Not really. Even if you power down without stopping the module first, corruption to file system is unlikely.

Correct Answer
mciarfello Thu, 11/29/2007 - 21:26
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I never had a problem with the above, but if you want the official shutdown procedure (powering off is faster. lol) here it is.

do a "show run" and determine what your interface Service-Engine port and slot is. For example, mine is 0/0.

Router#service-module service-Engine 0/0 shutdown

Do you want to proceed with shutdown?[confirm]y

WARNING: Confirm that the service-module status shows 'is Shutdown' before removing the module or powering off the system !

Which you can do by

Router#service-module service-Engine 0/0 status

Actions

This Discussion