Call Hunting on Call Manager CCM 4.1(3)

Unanswered Question
Nov 29th, 2007

Can anyone help in configuring call hunting on CCM 4.1(3)

We are having help desk at one of our sites with 5-6 phones.

Our requirement is everyone should dial only one no. and call will get diverted to one of the 5-6 phones whichever is free.

Pls give detailed steps of the same.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
dezoconnor Fri, 11/30/2007 - 00:18

Ok, you need to first setup a line group:

Route Plan > Route/Hunt > Line Group > Click add new line group.

Select which distribution algorithm you wish to use (longest idle, circular or broadcast - which ever fits yours/customers requirements)

You now need to configure a Hunt List:

Route Plan > Route/Hunt > Hunt List > click add new Hunt List.

Just give it a descriptive name and click insert, you'll then be prompted to select the previous Line Group.

Final part is the Hunt Pilot:

Route Plan > Route/Hunt > Hunt Pilot > click add new Hunt Pilot.

Here you need to enter the Hunt Pilot number and select the previous Hunt List you created. Done.

Try calling the Hunt Pilot number, if it fails ensure that your Hunt List is registered i.e Status shows an IP address and under enabled it says yes.

vaishali.nagpure Fri, 11/30/2007 - 03:23

Now consider our five no.s

5550401 to 5550405

What hunt pilot no. we should give?

Actually we are doing same procedure.

But it does not working.

May be hunt pilot no. we r giving wrong.

Pls help how to configure hunt pilot no.

dezoconnor Fri, 11/30/2007 - 03:28

The Hunt Pilot number should be the number that your users will dial to access the helpdesk i.e 5550400. This would then ring the 5 helpdesk phones.

jbarcena Fri, 11/30/2007 - 08:06

You can use any number that you want, just keep in mind that you do NOT have to use any of the numbers that are part of the Hunt Group. So any number besides 5550401 to 05 should work.

nmacleanPKI Fri, 11/30/2007 - 11:22

You can specify any DID for your hunt pilot. It's just the entry point into the group of numbers specified in your line group. The numbers in the line group do not matter as the users will never see or know anything about those numbers. All they care about is the pilot. In the past I've just used generic extensions (non-DID) for my line groups.

As for the Hunt Pilot configuration, it is as follows:

Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->

-Add new hunt pilot

-Specify DID for Hunt Pilot->then configure your other site specific options->Select Hunt List you previously created as well as any other forwarding type of options that follow..such as forwarding to voicemail upon no answer and such..

Once you do it once you'll there is really nothing to it..

Hope this helps..

This Discussion