Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7911 localisation to English

Hi,

I have a 7911 IP Phone which is in Korean language. I want to change the language to english. My current CME system localisation is in default english. How can i change this phone text to english???

All my other IP phones are displaying in english.Only this is giving the problem.

I tried adding command user-locale US and network-locale US in telephony-service but still doesnt work.

do i need to add a EN language pack??? Pls advice.

Thanks

Manoj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are welcome. Please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

We also have to post the localisation download files for these phones to a CCO download page. Unlike the 7960/7912, the localisation dictionaries are not built in to the CME IOS image. These files just need to be loaded into the router's flash, with the appropriate tftp-server commands.

Hi,

I have tried putting the English language pack also. Still it showing half in english and half menus in korean.

Pls assist.. urgent.

Manoj

Hi,

try a factory reset. Remove power. Reapply while pressing #. Release # when LED flashed in pattern. Press sequence: 123456789*0#

Phone will completely reset and reflash.

Note you need need to have term11.default.loads, and all the associated firmware files on the CME router, and the "tftp-server" commands for all of them.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

I did a factory reset and it works.

Thanks a lot!!!

Manoj

You are welcome. Please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!