cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing issues

tweller
Level 1
Level 1

We tested a webfilter as a transparent bridge for web filtering and it worked fine. When we moved it into production it worked fine for LAN traffic but our 6 WAN sites that connect to our main site for internet were not able to get out to the interent or even ping the pix firewall. lan pc's were able to ping everything and had no issues.

I checked the routes on our routers which connect the WAN sites with a T1 and they are default static routes to our default router at our main site. As soon as I took the webfilter out from between our switch and the firewall the WAN sites were able to get to the internet and ping everything.

pix firewall -> web filter -> switch -> default router -> WAN router -T1-> default router WAN site

there are 6 wan routers and 6 routers (1 at each site) they are a straight ppp connection using full t1.

routes at the WAN site look like

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ppp 1

They are setup with cross-connect

interface ppp 1

ip unnumbered eth 0/1

qos-policy out voipmap

no shutdown

cross-connect 1 t1 1/1 1 ppp 1

I can't figure out why adding a transparent filter would stop traffic going out the firewall when the local LAN at the main site had no problem. Any ideas would be appreciated?

1 Reply 1

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If removing the webfilter corrects the problem, then the webfilter configuration needs to be looked at.

Have you tried contacting their tech support ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card