Failed CCNA w/ 847. Need some help interpretting results.

Unanswered Question
Nov 30th, 2007

So yeah, a day later, and I still haven't come to terms with it. There are 2 questions in my head I am beating myself up over.

I just keep thinking ".2 of a percent" over and over in my head.

It was, however, the first time I had taken a cert of any sort. And the material I studied was barely even covered, so I am fairly proud to have pulled an almost passing grade out of nowhere.

Anyway. My breakdown was as follows.

Planning and Design: 91%

Implementation and Operation: 83%

Troubleshooting: 77%

Technology: 61%

Can someone help me out with what these subjects mean? Particularly "Technology" as it seems a bit vague.

Also, I used my Acadmey voucher for the exam. Am I now doomed to pay full price for the re-take?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Clarkre12 Mon, 12/03/2007 - 09:28

Join the club my friend, I too failed the CCNA the first time I sat for it. I am now preparing to sit for it again 2 years later and its rough refreshing my memory on alot of it. Anyways, yes you will have to pay full price for the exams now, sucks but thats the way it is.

The troubleshooting part is knowing how to read the show commands, knowing how to figure out whats not working and why. What I have done was downloaded the new Packet Tracer and got my old case studies and redid them from scratch. Good learning experience in figuring out whats wrong when it doesnt work.

The technology is the theory behind the whole thing. Thats the hardest for me as well.

Good Luck!!

This Discussion