Views
Helpful
Replies

Redistributed OR Summary

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

if the requirmenys says:no other network should be directly advertised in EIGRP 100:

THis CONFIG work?

eigrp stub connected summary

or

eigrp stub connected Redistributed

10xs

8 Replies 8

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ali

Eigrp stub connected will send connected routes. But if the connected routes are not covered by a network statement then you may need to add "redistribute connected" under your EIGRP config if you do not want to add specific network statements.

The summary option will work without any additional network statements as long as you either

a) have a summary address configured on the router

b) You are at a major network boundary and use "auto-summary" under our EIGRP config.

So if you cannot use a direct netwrok statement under EIGRP then both could be used. If you cannot even redistribute connected then the summary one would be the one to use.

HTH

Jon

HELLO JON!

i dont have a sumary address enable;but i have lo0 advertised into to different routing protocol.now which one is more accurate of these 2 commands?

10xs

Ali

Could you just clarify. You have a loopback interface that is advetised into a different routing protocol ?

What exactly are you trying to advertise into EIGRP ?

Jon

jon My Freind!

wich one its more accurate according the requirments in the question?

10xs

Ali

Could you post full question + layout of routers.

Jon

hello

the question:configure eigrp 100 on vlan support-team(100).no other networkS must be directly advertised in eigrp 100

Ali,

If you just want to advertise VLAN 100, you can configure EIGRP with a network statement that just includes the VLAN 100 subnet. Other networks will not be advertised.

router eigrp 88

netowrk

no auto-summary

HTH

Narayan

10xs Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card