Cisco Career Certifications Marks Usage

Unanswered Question
Nov 30th, 2007

The Guidelines for the Mark usage is ambiguous. On the Program Mark Usage Guideline it Has a Sample Business card with Two certificatins (CCNA & CCNP) with both marks in the lower left hand corner. This same document states that one mark may appear on the front of the card. In Exhibit A, Paragraph 1 it also states that, "You may only use the mark for the highest level of certification you have achieved." These two statements don't coincide with the example card given. So what is the intended meaning of this portion. Can I use CCNA & CCNP logo on the same card. Can I use CCDP & CCNP on the same card, etc.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ccbootcamp Fri, 11/30/2007 - 09:55

Why would you want to use CCNA and CCNP logos together? In order to be a CCNP, CCNA is a pre-req. Just put the CCNP on there and don't clutter up your card. :)

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCDP-WAN, CCNP-WAN, MSCA, MSCE 2003+Exch, MSCE NT, CNE, MCNE, CNA, BS EE, BS CE, CCIE R&S, CCIE Security, CCSI. (try stick'n all that on a card!) :)

lonniebou Sat, 12/01/2007 - 18:54

That is just the two the example had. I realize that one is a prereq of the other, so it is not needed, but what about different tracks, CCSP & CCNP for example, there is some merit to having both of those on a business card.

This Discussion