VWIC-2MFT-T1 clocking in 2811

Answered Question

I had planned on putting: clock source line independent on each controller but "independent" isn't recognized. I am planning on using multilink with 6 T1s between two identical 2811 with one side as internal and the other as line. I understand that if I don't use "independent" then clocking will be off as there is only one clocking port on the dual t1 VWIC-2MFT-t1. Help!

Correct Answer by wochanda about 9 years 4 months ago

The 'independent' keyword is only available on the 2nd gen VWIC cards: VWIC2-2MFT-T1E1.

Since all connections are between the same routers, no need to clock independently on each line. Put one side as 'clock source internal' for all links, and the other side will be 'clock source line' for all links. Since the oscillator is shared for the whole chassis, the clock coming in all 6 links will be the same.

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
Correct Answer
wochanda Fri, 11/30/2007 - 14:49
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The 'independent' keyword is only available on the 2nd gen VWIC cards: VWIC2-2MFT-T1E1.

Since all connections are between the same routers, no need to clock independently on each line. Put one side as 'clock source internal' for all links, and the other side will be 'clock source line' for all links. Since the oscillator is shared for the whole chassis, the clock coming in all 6 links will be the same.

Paolo Bevilacqua Fri, 11/30/2007 - 15:06
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

A great, simple answer by a fellow CSE that I've rated '5' above.

Actions

This Discussion