cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 memory utilization

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is 80% memory utilization on a 3750 stack (3) abnormal or anything to worry about , I don't believe it is going any higher and the cpu is less than 10% . Not seeing any malloc failures in the log . Version 12.2.35SE2

4 Replies 4

nambi_gct
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Glen,

Is the router heavily loaded in terms of the software entries?

-Nambi

By software entries what are you talking about ? It doesn't have a large amount of acl's or nat entries if that is what you are talking about . Has a about 15 running etherchannels and about 5 in the config that are not being used . Running eigrp with only like 3 subnets on the box itself , probably 10 static routes .

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Glen,

Just happen that we have the same switch model and IOS version and also using STACK.

I'm running OSPF for a /20 and following are the utilization.

CPU = steady in <10%

MEMORY = steady in <25% (I have 128MB RAM)

I guess I would have 80% if the OSPF routing table is larger or probably running BGP. I can only say that with your configuration, it's weird that you are utilizing 80% Memory

Regards,

Dandy

Maybe the version we are running has a slow memory leak , don't know. CPU is fine less than 10% but the memory utilization is a little high and verified by monthly vitalnet reports we get .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco