cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Public Distribution behavior questions

paulgurman
Level 1
Level 1

1) Can Unity import Nested Distribution groups and how many levels deep?

2) Do the nested or childern distribution lists need to be imported first before importing a DL group that has mulitiple nested DL into Unity?

3) If a Distribution group is imported as empty because the users were not subscribers yet then subscribers are added to the PDL within Unity can I assume that could change the membership of the Distibution Group in Active Directory and great caution needs to be exercised?

Thank you NetPro Community

-Paul Gurman-

4 Replies 4

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

I have same quesiton. any update?

Paul I will get with you online tonight, I have some questions about your questions b4 I test. I will report my findings to the group.

Randy - rlp

1. Subcribers must already be imported into Unity before importing the Group from AD for subscribers to display in the group in SAweb

2. Subscribers not imported into Unity will still recieve message even though they are not a subscriber

3. The nested individual groups just like the subscribers also need to be imported into Unity before the Distribution group that contains those nested groups is imported.

4. When adding a Unity subscriber part of an distribution group already imported will get message but cosmetic display of that user in the distribution group will not appear until manually added using SAweb pages.

Granted this is on a Unity 4.21 system.

Paul sorry I was so busy last night but remember there is a tool that changes everything even when unity is not supposed to be able to create dls, you can with the tool.

you can show members too.

Read the help file. Really this tool changes a lot about dls, exchange and Unity.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_pdl_builder_40.htm

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: