Views
Helpful
Replies

2801 and Bri

pbuch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Just tryed to install a couple of 2801 with VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE.

The router is running 12.4.11-XW2 whitch srangly enough is the newest XW release for 2801, and CCME 4.2.

When trying to place indgoung or outgoing calls the isdn layer2 never bekomes active.

According to the line people the interface is blocking layer2.

As i cant se any failures in the config i would try downgrading the ios (and ccme), But whitch version is the most stable ?

12.2.4.15T1 or 12.2.4.4XJ4 ????

Per

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, you will find that XW2 is too buggy to be used, XJ4 should give you no problems. Anyway, if con customer lines you have static TEI (often associated with multiple BRI lines in hunt-group), you need to configure that.

What is important in ratings is fairness. Since I was asking question in order to debug the problem, a "2" is not fair.

Remeber that is these forums you get TAC-like support level for free, so it is nice to show appreciations to those helping.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HI Per,

suggest that you use 12.4(11)XJ4 that has some more bug fixes.

Hopefully Cisco will realize the omission and will make available XW5 for the 2801 soon. Although the never did for XW3, strange as you said.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the reply.

I will test it tomorrow.

As i see it i only need to replace the gui files. All the other parts shuold bo ok when i downgrade to ccme4.1 and 12.4(11)XJ4

/Per

Just tested.

On my own isdn the router rings out both vith the 12.4(11)XW2 anf the XJ version.

On two customer sites i can't ring ind/out.

The line people is saying that my equip is blocking isdn layer2.

Anyone got any ideas ???????

/Per

Fails with XJ4 ?

Please enable "debug bri", "debug isdn q921", "debug isdn q931".

Also configure "service timestamps log datetime msec" on the router, enable "term mon" and take a trace, send it here.

Haven't tryed on the customer site yet.

But here in my test lab both XJ4 and XW2 can make in/outgoing calls.

On the customer site, 2 different places, i was running XW2 and could not make calls.

The line guys told me that my equip blocked isdn layer2.

It was getting late and i didn't have the time to make much testing. The problem was the same on the two sites, and i was thinking it was a problem with XW2.

I hope to be able to go there tomorrow, and make some traces.

There must be something strange about the isdn lines on the 2 sites.

/Per

Ok, but above you said that you was to test at the customer site with XJ4, thing that at the end you did not ?

Beside that, to the person that rated "2" my post above, would you take the time to explain why, or stop doing such unfair ratings.

Sorry if i am not making it clear enougt.

Not native english speaking :-)

I was writing "Just tested. On my own isdn the router rings out both vith the 12.4(11)XW2 and the XJ version."

On the customer site i have only tried XW2.

Is average rating important ?

If it is i will give high ratings or none.

Really appreciate the time you spend helping.

/Per

Ok, you will find that XW2 is too buggy to be used, XJ4 should give you no problems. Anyway, if con customer lines you have static TEI (often associated with multiple BRI lines in hunt-group), you need to configure that.

What is important in ratings is fairness. Since I was asking question in order to debug the problem, a "2" is not fair.

Remeber that is these forums you get TAC-like support level for free, so it is nice to show appreciations to those helping.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: