CIPT 4.1 vs. CIPT 5.0

Answered Question
Dec 1st, 2007

So I see I can take either 4.1 or 5.0 for my CCVP certification. What is the difference between the two? Which one would be easier to study for and what should I use to study?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by ccbootcamp about 9 years 1 month ago

For the self-study book for CIPT4.1, use the following book:

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587054094

Our CCVP boot camp is a GRUELING 12 straight days (sometimes up to 14) covering 5 exams:

642-642 QoS Quality of Service (QoS)

642-432 CVOICE Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE)

642-444 CIPT 4.1 Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT)

642-453 GWGK Implementing Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (GWGK)

642-426 TUC Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Systems (TUC)

Keep in mind, that there are only 5 exams, but 7 actual courses that are covered in this short period.

Quality of Service (QoS)

Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE)

Cisco Voice over IP Fundamentals (CVF)

Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Systems (TUC)

Cisco IP Telephony Part 1 (CIPT1 4.1)

Cisco IP Telephony Part 2 (CIPT2 4.1)

Implementing Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (GWGK)

If you do not have ANY experience with CCM, gateways, nor QOS, you will have a very difficult time in this class. You will want some hands on experience before you attend the boot camp. We are working on a pre-study workbook for the CCVP boot camp which should be completed in a couple months.

You should pick the boot camp over self-study if you want to get the certification done in a timely manner. Self-study for the CCVP cert will take you 3-6 months, whereas the boot camp will take you 1-2 months of pre-study/pre-practice, and then 2 weeks of actually onsite training. Although the CCVP boot camp price could be another factor in your decision.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post!)

Correct Answer by ccbootcamp about 9 years 1 month ago

CIPT 4.1 is for call mangler 4.1; whereas CIPT 5.0 is for call mangler 5.0. If you are going to try and tackle your CCIE voice next, I would suggest going the CIPT 4.1 route (no pun intended) as the CCIE voice lab exam is geared towards CCM 4.1. This is the flavor we teach in our boot camps and students seem to have a pretty easy time passing it. The GWWK and QOS exams are the two that give students the most trouble.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post!)

Overall Rating: 5 (5 ratings)
Correct Answer
ccbootcamp Sat, 12/01/2007 - 10:43

CIPT 4.1 is for call mangler 4.1; whereas CIPT 5.0 is for call mangler 5.0. If you are going to try and tackle your CCIE voice next, I would suggest going the CIPT 4.1 route (no pun intended) as the CCIE voice lab exam is geared towards CCM 4.1. This is the flavor we teach in our boot camps and students seem to have a pretty easy time passing it. The GWWK and QOS exams are the two that give students the most trouble.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post!)

swrsmaster Sat, 12/01/2007 - 10:45

Thanks Brad. What do you recommend I use to study for the CIPT 4.1 exam? What's involved in a boot camp with your company? Why should I do a boot camp over self-study?

Correct Answer
ccbootcamp Sat, 12/01/2007 - 11:29

For the self-study book for CIPT4.1, use the following book:

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587054094

Our CCVP boot camp is a GRUELING 12 straight days (sometimes up to 14) covering 5 exams:

642-642 QoS Quality of Service (QoS)

642-432 CVOICE Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE)

642-444 CIPT 4.1 Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT)

642-453 GWGK Implementing Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (GWGK)

642-426 TUC Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Systems (TUC)

Keep in mind, that there are only 5 exams, but 7 actual courses that are covered in this short period.

Quality of Service (QoS)

Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE)

Cisco Voice over IP Fundamentals (CVF)

Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications Systems (TUC)

Cisco IP Telephony Part 1 (CIPT1 4.1)

Cisco IP Telephony Part 2 (CIPT2 4.1)

Implementing Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (GWGK)

If you do not have ANY experience with CCM, gateways, nor QOS, you will have a very difficult time in this class. You will want some hands on experience before you attend the boot camp. We are working on a pre-study workbook for the CCVP boot camp which should be completed in a couple months.

You should pick the boot camp over self-study if you want to get the certification done in a timely manner. Self-study for the CCVP cert will take you 3-6 months, whereas the boot camp will take you 1-2 months of pre-study/pre-practice, and then 2 weeks of actually onsite training. Although the CCVP boot camp price could be another factor in your decision.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post!)

Actions

This Discussion