Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobity on CUCMBE6

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone come across the following issue with CM6 BE and extension mobility?

From time to time when a user logs into a phone; after the phone has reset the Line lable is blank and you can not receive calls to your DN. If you look at the phone (i.e. the SEP device) on call manager it shows the user being logged in on that phone.

I have tried restarting the Extension Mobility and TFTP service, but the only way to fix this is to restart the Call Manager service.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on this issue.

Many thanks

Richard.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I ran into the same issue about a month ago. It is a known bug. The bug ID is CSCsi68680. You can look-up that bug and the only known workaround is to restart the Call Manager. Well I told TAC that I just restart the Call Manager Service, which saves time and works.

Richard, if you want, open a TAC case and assign it to the bug ID and hopefully we can get Cisco to find a decent workaround.

I am working with TAC on finding different workarounds. They told me it is supposedly going to be fixed in the next release, but there is no announcement on when that will be.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Richard,

Waht is the exact version for CUCMBE?

Phone model and phone load.

Mmm If we are not getting the DN is either because a problem in the DB which ccm is not able to retrieve Profile or the message to put the line from CCM is somehow lost.

For the Device Profile, are you using for the same phone model?

How many lines and Speed dials?

All users?

Users in remote locations?

Thanks

Hi gogasca,

Many thanks for your help on this:-

The user has been set up as a 7941 profile with 1 line and no speed dials (it was a new user) and they are logging into a 7941 phone.

The CUCMBE System version is 6.0.1.2000-3

The Load file for a 7941 is SCCP41.8-3-2S

I have checked to see if any are not using the load file, and this shows that all phones are using the default.

When I installed the system a few weeks ago I noticed that after logging in around 10 - 20 users the extension mobility stopped working, but I put this down to multiple logging attempts.

Kind regards

Richard

I ran into the same issue about a month ago. It is a known bug. The bug ID is CSCsi68680. You can look-up that bug and the only known workaround is to restart the Call Manager. Well I told TAC that I just restart the Call Manager Service, which saves time and works.

Richard, if you want, open a TAC case and assign it to the bug ID and hopefully we can get Cisco to find a decent workaround.

I am working with TAC on finding different workarounds. They told me it is supposedly going to be fixed in the next release, but there is no announcement on when that will be.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: