cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Prepositioning

joturner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have recently deployed an 11 site WAAS solution with 512s at all the branches and a 612s at two "central" locations. I am running WAFS and have enabled prepositioning to push out user files to each location.

As I pushed the files, the "preposition status" indicated that the transfer had terminated with the message "Preposition size limit was exceeded."

Is there any way to see the presence of the prepositioned files on the WAE appliance so I can determine which files were successfully transferred?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

John,

There is currently no way to display the objects that are prepositioned. However, you can enable the EnhanceDebugging feature in Expert Mode, which will generate more verbose logging for PP -- including the names of the files that are pre-positioned. You can find the parameters on the WAE running the WAFS Edge service:

Expert Mode > Rx > RxPrepositionConfig > Attributes > EnhancedDebugging

Zach

once you logged in expert mode and make neccessary changes where in which section of the log would you see them. By the way the expert mode url is not to be found anywhere.

Zach, I am not familiar with the "expert mode" you mentioned. Is this a capability of WAAS 4.x ?

Thanks.

JOhn

John,

You need to go to the GUI of the Edge WAE as follows:

https://x.x.x.x:8443/mgr/expert

Cisco warns to be cautious when in this mode and not to make any changes here.

Hope this helps,

Richard

John,

You can access Expert Mode on the device running the WAFS Edge service using the following URL:

https://:8443/mgr/expert/

The credentials are the same as those used to access the CLI or GUI.

Once in Expert Mode, navigate to:

Rx > RxPrepositionConfig

On the Attributes tab, change the EnhancedDebugging attribute to 'true'. Click 'Save' to save the changes.

The additional debug messages will be logged in:

/local1/errorlog/actona/Rx.internal.log

Zach

Thanks for the responses everyone.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: