Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos and Auto Qos

jorg.ramakers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have 2 3750 core switchen with routing and a couple of 3560 connected to it. We are going to connect some ip phones on the network. Now i turned Qos on, on the 3560 with mls qos and the fastethernet interfaces Auto Qos VoIP trust (as it aren't Cisco ip phones).

The ip server will be connected to the 3750. Do i need to turn on the qos and autoqos command on the 3750? What command do I need on my uplinks on the 3560 and on the downlinks to the 3560 on the 3750 switches?

Thanks

Jorg

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

you should configure to trust the uplink ports of the 3750 and the 3560.

mls qos trust dscp/cos

I would also enable SRR and put the voice traffic(DSCP 46/cos5) in the priority queue. This can be achieved either manually which gives greater control or either via Auto QoS.

Since thes earen't Cisco voip phones, i would like you to check the vendor documentation to find the QoS tagging done by these phones as it is quite possible that Auto qos might not place the required traffic in the right queues

HTH

Narayan

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

You need to add the command "mls qos trust" on the trunks & accessports connected to IP phones to make the switch trust the markings done by the IP phone, otherwise switch rewrites the marking & those tagged by phone are lost.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card