ACL in Mobility 6.0 does not work as expected

Unanswered Question
Dec 2nd, 2007

... maybe I am wrong?

From the manual: "Select the check box to allow calls from phone numbers from being passed to the remote destinations. If the check box is blank, the access list blocked calls from the specified phone numbers from being passed to the remote destinations.

"

As I have understood this, the idea of an ACL in the Remote Desination is to define extensions, that are allowed (when the "Allowed" checkbox is checked) to ring both local and mobile phones. When the "Allowed" checkbox is'nt checked -- it defines the extensions, that are not allowed to ring both local and mobile phones, all other phones in this case are allowed to ring both phones.

So, I have created all needed elements and started to play with the ACL. My first scenario was simple:

1. Extension 3003 has remote destination 5551234567

2. Extensions 3002 is allowed to ring both 3003 and 5551234567

3. Nobody else can ring both destinations, only 3003

So, I have created the allowed Access List with the member "Directory Number 3002" (ACL). I have bound this access list to the proper remote destination (RD). After that 3002 is unable to ring the RD. I have modified the ACL to be the pattern XXXX. After that 3002 is able to ring the RD, but all other phones are allowed to ring the RD too, but this behaviour is unwanted. Moreover, the extensions with another length (external calls with CLID like 5551112233) are also allowed to ring both destinations. All other patterns with numbers, like 3XXX, 300X etc are not working too.

Please, somebody explain me the logic of creation of the ACLs.

Thank you!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion