cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

slow outbound call time

ahab
Level 1
Level 1

When placing a call outbound to a h323 gateway, I see the call hit the gateway but the ring takes 15 seconds to come through.

Call Manager 4.2, the gateway is a cisco 2811.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

This could be attributed to a number of reasons, therefore could please post the configuration of your outgoing DP.

From your description you mention that you see the call hit the gateway, by this do you mean you see the outgoing SETUP message? If this is the case when do you see the incoming CALL_PROCEEDING message and ALERTING? What is the time difference between these messages.

If you are using overlap sending then you need to be cautious of how explicit your DP are configured for example you will want to avoid using 9T due to interdigit timeout, try to be more explicit.

Please post your DP config and a 'debug isdn q931'.

Regards

Allan.

Below is my DPs. I cannot debug isdn as it is a T1, not a PRI line.

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern 9011T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:0

prefix 011

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 9T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:0

Thanks again

Apologies I assumed it was PRI ISDN, however can you please advise what signalling you are using on the T1 in that case. If possible post the gateway configuration.

Regards

Allan.

You go into the voiceport and adjust the interdigit timer.

conf t

voice-port x/x/x

timeouts interdigit 6

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: