Views
Helpful
Replies

ML-Ethernet Cards for the 15454

pbelletty
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The ML series cards have two POS interfaces. Would you know whether it is possible to use POS sub-interfaces and map each one to a separate SDH circuit to create a hub and spoke network?

Cheers,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rene Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phil, no it's not possible. Unfortunately the ML series can have only two POS connections to SDH.

Since Rel. 8.5 there is a new ML-MR (ML Multirate Card) with 10 GigE Ports. But this card is only P2P for EPL services. Maybe this card could help you in your design. The card is very new and the SW feature set is very small at this time.

Cheers

Rene

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rene Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phil, no it's not possible. Unfortunately the ML series can have only two POS connections to SDH.

Since Rel. 8.5 there is a new ML-MR (ML Multirate Card) with 10 GigE Ports. But this card is only P2P for EPL services. Maybe this card could help you in your design. The card is very new and the SW feature set is very small at this time.

Cheers

Rene

Hi Rene - Thanks for the reply.

I don't think this will help with my design. The MR card also has 2 POS ports. I want to create a hub and spoke network - if the ML cards have only two POS interfaces and you can't map sub-interfaces to separate SDH-VCs then the hub node can only peer to 2 spokes.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil

Ath the moment yes, but the ML-MR is designed to have more POS ports and also more than one RPR in future release. But another solution for a hub and spoke design is to use the CE-MR card. It gives you 10 GigE ports with 10 POS ports for P2P. You can use SNCP and/or LCAS as protection for the circuits instead of RPR.

Cheers

Rene

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco