Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PIX ACL trouble

jwatts123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I'm having an issue joining servers to my internal domain through our PIX firewall.

Infrastructure:

Internal network 10.0.0.0 /16

DMZ network 172.16.0.0 /24

DMZ servers need to be on the internal domain but getting them to join is the issue.

How far I have got:

Added LMhost file to problem servers

rebooted

tested connectivity to internal DC and fine.

I know i need to open up some ports from our dmz to our internal network, thats where I fall short.

Could someone indicated to me which ports I need to open in order to join the servers to the domain through the firewall?

Many thanks

Jon

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jon

Probably best place for this sort of information is microsoft who have written a tech doc on this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c2ef3846-43f0-4caf-9767-a9166368434e&DisplayLang=en

HTH

Jon

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

It all depends on what you have on your DMZ.

If it is only "servers" then as a general rule 445 is the only thing you need.

But if you fx have two SQL servers you have to add several other ports, same with for example Exchange. and they do not have the same ports for the different versions of exchange and so on.

So unless you know exactly what version and what software it is hard to say what ports and in what direction you need to open the ports.

hope that helps some.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: