Helpful
Replies

3560 switch with 802.1x , voice vlan and a Cisco ATA

7pliapis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A Cisco ATA is connected on a port of a 3560 which is configured to belong to

a voice Vlan and also runs 802.1x MAB (mac-auth-bypass).

Is this configuration supported ?

-If the switchport is configured only as a voice vlan port all is ok

-If the switchport is configured only as a 802.1x MAB port all is ok

-When both MAB and voice vlan are configured on the port the ATA does not join the network

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks.

Best Regards,Pan

2 Replies 2

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

You can use the MAB to put the ATA device into the vlan of voice but if voice vlan is also on same port the catalyst will refuse to add the mac address in the voice vlan. This is due to the fact that what ACS return as type is vlan, but what is needed is voice-vlan so that the catalyst would add the mac in the voice vlan. This is not possible as of now.

Thank you for your answer.

While investgating the issue I came accross the following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk814/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808abf2d.shtml

Which lists,

"5 Configure the RADIUS server to send a Cisco Attribute-Value (AV) pair attribute to authorize a voice device. Without this, the switch treats the voice device as a data device. Define Cisco Attribute-Value (AV) pair attribute with a value of device-traffic-class=voice and click Submit + Restart".

Will the above do the trick or have I misunderstood the above statement ?

I don't have access to a similar setup to test, thus the question.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,Pan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card