cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help me on this.

nickolaskimutai
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently implemented an IPT solution at an office in town,now my problem is this,whenever a clent calls the office he hears the phone ringing for three times but the receptionist at the office only hears one ring.This is causing some clients to think their calls are being ignored.

could anyone of you assist on this so that when one calls the office then one ring at the clients office corresponds to one ring at the receptionist's desk.

I'll appreciate any kind of assistance.

Thanks a lot.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using analog lines with caller ID?

Where are you located, what "IPT solution" do you have ?

Am using a cisco 2811 router with pstn lines terminated to its FXO ports,9 fxo lines are terminated to the router.

Am in Kenya.

Caller id?No idea what this is.

Please help.

Please send output of "show voice port" for at lest one port.

Called-id is when you see the number of who is calling you.

Hi am a bit far i cant run the above command but

mayy be you could give your email address so a ica send you a copy of my running config so you can highlight areas that need some correction.

my address is nickolaskoiser@gmail.com

Send me your address so we can look at this together.

Thanks for your help so far.

Nickolas.

Hi,

please post configuration and discuss issues here in the forum.

keithkellum
Level 1
Level 1

We have had the same issue in our remote sites. The call will not pass though until the caller-id is received from the Telcoif caller-is is enabled on the voice-port. This could be anywhere from 1-4 rings. What version of IOS are you running?

arrowdawn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I had a similar issue recently and adding the following command to the associated FXO port resolved the problem:-

caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate

Interested to know if this resolves the problem for you?

Regards,

Gordon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: