CCNP BSCI preparation thread

Unanswered Question
Dec 3rd, 2007

Dear all, I have decided to give my CCNP BSCI exam within 2 months, ie, by the end of January.

I am using the official study guide and online racks.

Anyone else in the same boat? Lets keep in touch and lets get on the CCNP track!

All the best!

Thanks,

Prasenjit

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
ccbootcamp Mon, 12/03/2007 - 10:19

That's a good approach. Online racks are a great tool which not enough people utilize.

Good luck with your exam.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post!)

ascoolasice Mon, 12/03/2007 - 18:38

Hi Prasenjit,

I'm looking towards that time frame too, but I have to take the BCMSN on Friday first. I've been preparing for that, and hopefully it goes well for me.

limseng80 Tue, 12/04/2007 - 03:47

I just finished BCMSN exam yesterday and I'll be starting on BSCI.

I used the Self-study guide for BCMSN and I'll be using the Self-study edition for BSCI too.

Using Dynamips for lab practices.

silvoskynsaka Tue, 12/04/2007 - 15:13

I planned to read for BCSI first and got all the corsewares. But there has been alot of hitches here and there. Is it ok to read BCMSN first? I use boson 6.0 now? can I have someone voluntee to call me with an info on BOSON 7.0 possibly the key. Can i go ahead with reading BCSI. Is BCRAM for BCMSN.

alanc3141592654 Tue, 12/04/2007 - 15:20

how did you find the BCMSN exam? and the self study guide? I've just started to read this a couple weeks ago. I feel the writer tends to ramble on, and does not explains what he is talking about very well.

I started viewing the CBT video for BCMSN, and it really makes the self study guide easier to understand.

limseng80 Tue, 12/04/2007 - 17:23

alanc3141592654,

I agree with you, some chapters get worse like CEF, QOS and MLS. He does not explain his point clearly. It helps tons when you read the exam certification guide first, then the self-study or map chapter to chapter from both books.

Well I take BCMSN first because it's building a single network, while BSCI helps you link those networks up, but it's just my personal opinion, there are people who take them in the opposite sequence and still have no problems with them.

silvoskynsaka Wed, 12/05/2007 - 14:53

ok. Do you have a prevy (Access) to Boson 7.0 software and key. I need help to use my downloaded 7.0 I bought 6.0 but it does not contain all the features in 7.0 +2348035772199

steve_steele Wed, 12/05/2007 - 23:56

I picked up copies of Doyle's Routing TCP/IP vols 1 & 2 for CCIE study and really wish that I'd read these before sitting the BSCI exam.

The books are great if you want to learn the technologies inside out. they're superbly written and lay it all out in an easy to understand fashion with many detailed examples.

HTH

Steve

Ehsan M. Thu, 12/06/2007 - 00:43

I'm preparing for bcsi as well. but I really recommend "Routing TCP/IP Vol 1" especially for OSPF and IS-IS.

Ibbywannit Thu, 12/06/2007 - 08:48

I'm also starting the BSCI path and only started studying recently. I'm going to take the step-by-step approach following the cisco guidelines. E.G: For BSCI cisco recommend:

Implement EIGRP operations.

Explain the functions and operations of EIGRP (e.g., DUAL).

Configure EIGRP routing. (e.g., Stub Routing, authentication, etc.)

Verify or troubleshoot EIGRP routing configurations.

so this is what i'm going to study for the first 5 - 10 days till i can do it. I'll be using:

2 x 2621

1 X 3660

1 X 2950

(I'm trying to get hold of a 3550 on the cheap at the moment :))

For courseware i'll be using:

CCNP Complete Study Guide - (Sybex)

Cisco - BSCI official guide

CCNP video mentor - Kevin Wallace

and of course this Netpro forum :)

I also now want those CCIE books that are mentioned above, but after all this outlay i'm skint until next payday. I'm looking to take the exam sometime early Jan. I just hope it's all worth it....

ccnp_seeker Tue, 12/18/2007 - 06:11

It`s a great idea to use this step-by-step approach using the exam blueprint, specially not just using the study Guides, also making searches on cisco.com for configuration guides...

This really helped me in the BCMSN as some topics about wireless clients where not explained in the books...

jesusponce Wed, 02/20/2008 - 21:32

I am very disappointed, I have already submitted 6 times the examn 642-901 bsci exam and i can not get pass, my score is above 750 but I fail to reach the minimum. I did The ccna in the second chance, I have already studied cbd nuggets, testking, pass4sure, ciscopress, & trainsignal without get pass. I begin to think that is imposible pass the new version. I do not what to do. I do not know what is the secret to get pass.

silvoskynsaka Fri, 02/22/2008 - 23:41

Hi dear, I think you do have a great chance to make it with a little more practice. I did take it few days back. I think I am far better than that because I didn't depend on special dumps. My practice on hands-on was good and that helps me on commands. you need to try a little more.

jesusponce Sat, 02/23/2008 - 07:59

Thanks for your words. I am sure i am going to pass my exam in my next step. I have discovered here in this forum some tips. I am not angry for not be able to pass the exam. I am angry BECAUSE I WANT TO STUDY SWITCHING ALREADY, and other more practice thing like security, vpns, etc. have a nice day my friend.

johnaceti Tue, 03/25/2008 - 18:53

I am about to give it try #4

Sample tests I get mid 90's but when I take the test always seem to run out of time.

I am now working to pick up my speed. Starting to get that "Confident feeling" so pretty sure I will have it by next week.

Danilo Dy Tue, 12/18/2007 - 07:35

Hi,

I'm sitting on this exam also for CCIP - but not so soon. The last time I took and passed this is 7 years ago :) No simulation yet at that time.

I'll be monitoring this thread for good study materials.

Regards,

Dandy

Actions

This Discussion