Preparing for the CCNA

Unanswered Question
Dec 3rd, 2007

Ok folks, I am getting ready to take the CCNA for the second time (yea I know, common statement there) and I am just wondering what tools or tricks those of you who have passed it have used. I passed the Cisco Academy, have the CCNA Intro and ICND books, the Flash Cards and also access to my old course materials. So far, I am averaging about 85 on all the practice exams but want more cushion than that. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ccbootcamp Mon, 12/03/2007 - 10:18

If you have the INTRO and ICND books, those are the old ones. The book you want now:

you might also check out the video mentor:

And, of course, you are always more than welcome to come to one of our boot camps! :)

(please rate the post!)

alanc3141592654 Mon, 12/03/2007 - 18:14

I was averaging around 80% on the practice questions that came with the Cisco press books, I got 94 for the CCNA exam, and felt the questions were a lot easier.

I found the CCNA intro and ICND Cisco press books most useful. But found my study abilities improved if I took notes as I read.

I just downloaded and installed Dynagen, for my CCNP studies. Have you tried that?

Clarkre12 Tue, 12/04/2007 - 04:38

No, right now I use Packet Tracer for config practice and so far I like it. Thanks for the confidence boost on the questions, I really want my CCNA so I can move forward in my career because I am pretty much stuck where I am in my current position.

stefan.jagger Tue, 12/04/2007 - 05:29

Study study study, then study some more. I used the Boson netsim, it seemed to do the trick just fine. Dynamips/gen is the way forward for CCNP though.

Just study mate. If you focus you will achieve.

Good luck!

This Discussion