cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pushing software from repository

mikearama
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 3750's that I'd like to update via RME.

I have multiple images in the repository that would be improvements to both machines. However, whenever I try I get this error:

Catastrophic - SWIM1110: .bin images are not supported for Stack Upgrade.

Select a tar image for Stack Upgrade.

Neither machine is part of a stack. So, two questions:

a) Is there a way to bypass this error and force a .bin to the devices?

b) I cannot find .tar's when I use the Repository to connect to Cisco.com and add an image. Am I missing something?

Much obliged, guys.

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default, all 3750 switches are part of a one-switch stack. There is no way to bypass this error within RME. However, you can change the sysObjectID on the switch from the stack sOID to a per-switch sOID with the command:

no snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

I do not recommend that you do this, though, as this configuration has not been as well tested as the stack config.

As for finding .tar images, they are there. Look for images that say "WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR". For example:

12.2.40-SE ADVANCED IP SERVICES WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default, all 3750 switches are part of a one-switch stack. There is no way to bypass this error within RME. However, you can change the sysObjectID on the switch from the stack sOID to a per-switch sOID with the command:

no snmp-server sysobjectid type stack-oid

I do not recommend that you do this, though, as this configuration has not been as well tested as the stack config.

As for finding .tar images, they are there. Look for images that say "WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR". For example:

12.2.40-SE ADVANCED IP SERVICES WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: