Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you change CCMadministrator password from OS level

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am doing a new install of CM 5.1(3). I can access the console of the system with administrator.

I cannot login through the webpage though. I was pretty careful to use the same password for the accounts but it looks like i might have type it in wrong as i get the "Login failed" screen

the password i used has a space in it. Is that ok to use? it works on the linux pwd

is there a way to change the ccmadministrator password from the linux prompt?

thanks

5 Replies 5

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you can reset the password for CCMAdministrator from the console. The command for the same is:

"utils reset_ui_administrator_account".

Once this command is run, it would reset the password for CCMAdministrator GUI account.

Hope this helps

thanks!

what does it reset the password too?

ignore my last post :P

i just saw where it prompts for a new PWD :)

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like I can change the password on the linux no problem using a "space" in the password

but it won't let me login through the web access with a space in the password. I changed the password to have no space and it works fine.

Any reason why a space can't be used to login? it accepts it but the webpage won't let you login.

weird

space is not a valid character in the password field and I dont think it does a check to see for the space.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: