cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP issue on remote WLAN subnet

SLMHC_InfoSys
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4400 configured with a private wlan and a number of 1100 APs on 3 subnets. The APs get the correct IP but clients connected get an IP from the same subnet as the controller.

i.e.

subnet 1 10.1.1.1-254 (4400 + 4 APs - APs & clients get 10.1.1.x IPs)

subnet 2 10.2.1.1-254 (2 APs - APs get 10.2.1.x, clients get 10.1.1.x)

subnet 3 10.3.1.1-254 (3 APs - APs get 10.3.1.x, clients get 10.1.1.x)

Do I not have something set correctly or is how it is supposed to be?

In the future I want a guest vlan available on these 3 subnets as well so Id like to get this figured out.

4 Replies 4

linhthasack
Level 1
Level 1

your wlan is incorrectly setup. You want to add an interface of the vlan that is assign to a specific ssid so they can get the proper IP address. use link below this should solve your problem.

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/3.2/configuration/guide/c32mint.html

minoaht
Level 1
Level 1

the AP-manager interface and all of the APs should be on the same subnet/VLAN e.g. 10.1.1.x.

then define WLANs and interfaces for the other subnets e.g. 10.2.1.x and 10.3.1.x which will be used by clients.

So I need to have vlans created for each subnet for my private network, one vlan for my guest network, as well as wlans for each location?

What happens when I get to my 9th wlan and my 1130's cannot take the new IDs?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card