Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1010 - AP continues flashing

dibartoa1
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

anyone know how to get a AP back online if it continues to flash?

i've tried to reboot the AP - but no luck!!

thanks..

5 Replies 5

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Check the switchport settings. It sounds like the AP cannot find the controller.

If the switch settings are correct, swap the AP with another. If the replacement AP works, then the 1st AP is now a fine door stop. If you have smartnet coverage on the AP, send it back to Cisco where they will crack it open and reset it

for you.

Thanks -

your right - the switch that the AP belonged to died over the weekend - and when we moved all the plugs off of it - and moved it to a new switch however - that new port is not configured for the AP? - can't find the steps to configure the port for the AP

any ideas? would be most helpful -

#conf t

config# int

(config-if)# switchport host

! handy built in macro

! sw ho in cisco shorthand

(config-if)#switchport access vlan

! sw ac vl ... in cisco shorthand

(config-if)#end

#wr

#q

Thanks for the quick response...

but will i need to delete any of the settings that are associated with that particular port before or can i simply "cut and paste" the above details to that port and it will work?

thanks...

That all depends on the settings

the switchport host command puts the port in access mode only and turns on switchport portfast (hosts should not be negotiating spanningtree anyway!).

most of the time, a cut& paste will work fine, but remember that you will manually have to set your vlan access to match the vlan that the management int on the WLCs reside in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card