Views
Helpful
Replies

Minimum distance between 2 BR1310G's

bread
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 BR1310G's that are currently part of a test network. Eventually we'll deploy outside but for now I need these two bridges to work inside our building on our test network. The question is, what is the minimum distance these should be apart so they don't cook/fry each other?

Thanks

BR

1 Reply 1

ccbootcamp
Level 7
Level 7

Why don't you stick them within a few feet of each other and turn the transmitting power down for your test? That would seem to make the most sense to me.

Or, if you wanted to get fancy, figure out how far the buildings are apart, calculate the loss DB of the air inbetween them. Do some research, figure out what material (ie glass, wood, whatever) has a similar loss db. Build an enclosure out of the material. You may need to only build one enclosure depending on the distance between the buildings. If you need additional signal loss, build another...I think you get where I'm going with this.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card