cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - TRAP

julie.ma
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 5.0. On Unity server, I have 2 integrations; CCM and analog PIMG. My subscriber is associated to PIMG integration. I configured TRAP option for recording using my home phone (analog). I clicked "recording" on the media bar on the SA page, Unity sent the call out on CCM integration port instead of PIMG ports. Both PIMG and CCM both have TRAP ports enabled.

I was told this is by design. It does not make sense!

2 Replies 2

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the SA, TRaP will follow the integration of the Subscriber with which you are logged in as. Many folks end up using the Installer subscriber account by default. This will almost always be associated with the first integration. Unfortunately, the Installer account is not accessible through the SA. If you are trying to use TRaP with the Installer account, you can change the switch association through the Subscriber Phone System Associations tool in UTIM.

The idea here is that an Admin will need to touch many different Call Handlers and/or Subscribers during an SA session. That Admin should expect TRaP to be consistent during the session and follow his/her dialout settings. You wouldn't want the dialouts to follow the settings of each Subscriber you need to edit.

-Eric

that makes perfect sense. thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: