cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add speed dial on existing phones via BAT

leechehcheng
Level 1
Level 1

we are running on CCM 5.1.(2) with 7941 phones deployed. User is requesting to add a speed dial with number thoughout all 7941 Phones. Can i use BAT to work this out? or any effective way to proceed this?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other alternative for updating the abbrev. speed-dials for existing phones other than through BAT.

The only problem with BAT in this particular scenario is that it is not specifically possible to use the update phones option in ordrer to update only the speed-dials.

Speed-dials can only being added when you insert with the template.

Regards

Allan.

Allan,

Back to CCM 4.X, we can always use SQL query analyzer to make some changes on the speed dial table. Do you have any idea on doing the similar thing on CCM5.X?

I can sympathise with us on this one, as there has many occasion where I would have done the same. :-(

Unfortunately, I have not come across any alternatives, or other threads on NetPro which discusses being able to do this.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Lee,

I'm interested in the way you update the speed dial using SQL Query Analyzer to change the speed dial table. Can you explain me how to do it ? I have the same request where I should update speed dials on specific location.

Thanks, Lee.

Wiyandi

Wiyandi,

What CCM version you are using?

I cannot remember exactly, because our CCM version had been updated from 4.2 to 5.1. You just need a bit knowledge on SQL query, there is a speed dial table can be found in SQL enterprise manager.

Hope it help.

I'm using CCM 4.1(3)SR5B. In the speed dial table, I find the fields : pkid, fkdevice, speeddialindex, speeddialnumber, label, msrepl_tran_version. From what I see, this table describes the speed dials for each IP phone. Am I right ? I have basic knowledge of SQL queries, but it's better to give me a sample query to make me understand :D. Thanks, Lee.

Wiyandi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: