Helpful
Replies

Multilink problem between two different destination

ladan.eftetahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have a 2811 router with one WIC-2AM

on it.this router has multilink configuration . we want to async 0/2/0 connects to 3745 router & the other one async 0/2/1 connects to Access-server .we have ospf as our routing protocol in our network.

as we set two different single link to 3745 router & access-server , ospf routing confused in routing between them on 2811.

could you pls give me suggestion to solve this problam.

it's part of our configuration :

interface Async0/2/1

description Dialup

bandwidth 30

no ip address

ip nbar protocol-discovery

encapsulation ppp

dialer in-band

dialer pool-member 2

dialer-group 1

ppp authentication chap callin

ppp multilink

routing dynamic

thanks

best regards

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ladan

Perhaps I have not understood correctly your environment and your requirements or perhaps you have not understood multilink.

What I think I understand of your requirements is that you want 0/2/0 to connect to a 3745 router and you want 0/2/1 to connect to an Access server. I do not see how multilink fits into this situation. Multilink is used when you have more than one PPP circuit going from 1 source to 1 destination and you want the 2 links to operate as a single entity. It looks like you want each link to operate independently.

If I have understood correctly what your requirements are, then you should remove the multilink configuration and you should give each async interface its own IP address and subnet. Then each link can connect to its destination and OSPF will not get confused.

If I have not understood correctly then perhaps you can clarify.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

You can not multilink to 2 separate destinations without using SGBP on the remote sites MutiChassis. Please let me know if that is what you are talking about. SGBP assumes that the 2 remotes sites are the same like a NAS. Other then that not possible to multilink them.