I just passed ICND1 yesterday and I would like to share my experience with you.
- Passing score is 805 and my score was 844
- 56 questions in 90 min (the time should be enough)
- 3 simulations, 3 testlets, few drag and drop and the rest multiple choice
- I would say that the exam is more difficult than Microsoft exams.
I used the following documentation for study:
- CBTNuggets CCENT - Jeremy Cioara - excellent material
- Cisco library for 801 - Wendel Odom - again excellent (I find the practice tests very good )
- CCNA 802 - Todd Lammle - good
- Transcender 801 - OK
- Subnettingquestions.com - lots of practice online
I build my home lab with the following equipments:
- 2 Cisco 2501 routers
- 1 Cisco 2522 router
- 1 Cisco 851W
- 1 Cisco 2924 Switch
- 3 Cisco 1900 switches (I never used them)
I would like to thank Jeremy for the amazing video series. The guy is an amazing trainer. I would also like to thank lordflasheart who posted here on the forum his technique for subnetting (Certifications: Subnetting Made Easy - written for my students at work). It works for me. I'm able to answer subnetting questions in my head in 20 seconds.
In my test I had simulations with cdp and show commands. I would suggest playing with routers and switches and became familiar with what type of command to use for different scenarios. As I said before I find the exam difficult and I realized I have to study a lot more and practice on the routers to write the ICND2 test.