cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Wireless 7921 won't locate network

red73mustang
Level 1
Level 1

I set this up for a user as a replacement for her 7920(Which finds the network by itself) ,but the new 7921 seams like it is locked. What is the trick to getting it to see the wireless network?

Thanks, Chet

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chet,

Hope all is well with you!

Have you tried this method?

Accessing Network and Phone Settings

You can view and change many network configuration options and phone settings for the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G by using the Settings menu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You can control whether a Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G has access to the Settings menu from the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Phone Configuration page. Use the Settings Access field in the Product Specific Configuration section of the phone configuration page.

To access the Settings menu, follow these steps:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Press on the Navigation button for (Settings).

Step 2 Use these menu options to view or change settings:

Phone Settings

Network Profiles

Security Configuration

USB Configuration

Note: These options are configurable; other options are display only.

Step 3 To select the item that you want to configure or view, do one of these actions:

Use the Navigation button to scroll to the item and then press the Select button.

Use the keypad to enter the number that corresponds to the item.

Step 4 **If a menu option is locked , you must press ** # on the keypad.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008079b4ce.html#wp1328723

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob ,good to hear from you , That sort of helps me navigate to the various settings, but the old 7920 wireless found the network as soon as I turned it on (after set up in call manager), the new 7921 will not get an IP address or find the network at all

Chet

Needed to log into ACS and create a account for the new 7921 phone.

Hi Chet,

Sorry for the rather lame answer earlier, I didn't read your question completely. 5 points for posting back with the correct answer!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: