cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC and Holiday settings

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure Holiday on basis of a specific "date"? For example I want that every year on 25th of December it should play a prompt that we are closed.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sana

15 Replies 15

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

This is the script we are using here.

To use this script from another script, you should use 'Call Subflow' and choose the 'todayIsAHoliday' variable as an output mapping and map it to a local (boolean) variable in the script you are calling the subflow from.

Dear RuddieBoy,

Thanks for the script. Just another question: if you got 2 or 3 holidays, how do you configure the IPCC in a way that the "prompt" for that particular day is played? For example: On 25th of December it should play prompt "25December_prompt" and on 1st of January "1January_prompt".

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Sana

We are still working on this one. I think it should be done like this, but I haven't had time to test this, though.

I think what you need to change in the current XML file is:

12/24/2007

Christmas.wav

12/25/2007

Christmas.wav

12/26/2007

Christmas.wav

12/31/2007

Newyear.wav

And then make:

"/descendant::Holidays/child::" + Prompt

I don't have the exact code, but you might get the idea.

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Within the code of the .xml file, this is how I have defined specific dates to play a certain .wav:

xxx

--add more dates here if needed--

If on a specific date it closes at a specific(non-regular) time, then you could do something like this:

xxx

4:30 PM

--add more dates here if needed--

**replace the xxx with the folder path of your closed .wav file**

Dear Adam Thomson,

Thanks for your reply. Just a last question: Where do I have to put the XML and Holiday Script? To any specific folder?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Sana

In my setup, the location of the .xml files is C:\Program Files\wfavvid\. Also in that folder is an example.xml file that outlines what you are trying to accomplish.

Hopefully this will help you.

Dear Adam Thompson,

Could you please upload any Example.xml or Dates.xml which works? I'm getting an error while trying to call the dates.xml.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Sana

Attached is the example.xml file. There are comments in the file to explain more what is going on.

Hope this helps.

Dear Adam Thompson,

Thanks for file and answer. But it's not working yet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. This how I did it:

1) I inserted "Holiday.aef" into our main script as "Call Sublfow";

2) I created a dates.xml file with only the following codes:

-

-->

99988closed.wav

3) I copied the file dates.xml to C:\Program Files\wfavvid

4) I put the Closed file (99988closed.wav) in dates.xml in C:\Program Files\wfavvid

5) Validate the script and uploaded

I hope you can guide me if I'm doing anything wrong.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Sana

The first thing that I notice is that you have the date defined as "12/6/2006", maybe you mean "12/6/2007".

See if that works for you.

Dear Adam Thompson,

I changed it to "12/6/2007" but it didn't work for me. Do you have an example of a script in which Holiday.aef has been inserted as CallSubFlow? I'll really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Sana

Hi Guys,

A quick question on the holidaycheck subscript (thanks for providing it by the way, saved me a lot of time).

My server didn't have the c:/program files/wfavvid/user/en_GB folder so I created it a couple of months back and placed the dates.xml file in there. I have now restarted the server and noticed that the folder has been deleted which caused the application to stop working.

The default lang on the server is en_GB so why are there no folders at all under the wfavvid\user folder? Should I instead just place the dates.xml file in the user folder?

Thanks in Advance.

ERNESTO_VE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

The script posted by Ruud helped me a lot in a deployment.

I had to make some changes and go up here for analysis.

Thanks a lot.

ErnestoG

The XML file was edited in "Essential XML Editor 1.6".

The XML file contain:

12/12/2011

1/9/2012

2/20/2012

2/21/2012

3/19/2012

4/5/2012

4/6/2012

4/19/2012

5/1/2012

6/11/2012

6/21/2012

7/2/2012

7/5/2012

7/24/2012

8/13/2012

10/12/2012

11/5/2012

12/25/2012

11/4/2011

The script posted in last response works very well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: