cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler transfer to call to outside??

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

UM 4.21 CCM4.13

We have a vendor to take a call during business hr (9am-5pm), and it should go to voice mail directly after 5pm.

Basically, I setup a callhander to play a greeting, after greeting it should transfer to the vendor (for instance 212 234-5678).

After 5pm, it should go to voice mail directly.

My problem for me now, is there anyway to tranfer call to outside??

I dont have to transfer call after greeting, I can ask caller to press 1 (input) then transfer...

What I want to achieve is that Unity is able to transfer call to outside, and take a message after 5pm.

Thanks million.

Thanks

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We have our calls go to our mail box during the day. After 5:00, we forward the phone directly to vm so that the call is sent directly to the after hours greeting. After the greeting plays, the call is transferred to our on call cell phone. At 9:00pm, we turn off the alternate greeting and the closed schedule kicks in. Now the caller hears the closed greeting and is transferred to an off site location. We accomplished this by setting up to call handlers, one for the alternate (after hours greeting) and one for the closed greeting. Each transfers the call to a "speed dial" that is set up in call manager". All of our "speed dials" start with 101, so we have a routing rule in Unity that allows outgoing calls to 101??. In the individual call handlers, under the transfer option, we enterd the appropriate speed dials in the "transfer to extention" field. Unity does not know/care if it is an inside number or an outside number, it just sees it as an extension. If you need help setting it up, feel free to call me at 217-391-0803. bj.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ken -

Here's how I would code:

CCM CTI route point to DN

DN is Unity call handler with schedule set for 9AM - 5pm. Create schedule with name and select 9-5 as open, including days of the week. All other times will be CLOSED.

- Standard greeting, plays your greeting. After message action sends caller to new call handler that transfers caller to 212 234-5678 (don't forget to include your access code to PSTN if you have one, like 9 to get offnet)

- Closed greeting, can play greeting or choose blank. After greeting action takes message. On that same call handler, specify a Unity subscriber to route the message to OR Public distribution list.

- On the call transfer handler you create for the 9-5 routing, you want to select "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension:" on the Call Transfer page. Select "Release to switch".

Hope this helps! Ginger

Ginger,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand your method, but in what field or where I can put 212 234-5678 at Standard greeting??

My biggest problem is that I dont know where I can enter 91 212 234-5678 at Unity.

Thanks

Ken

I am not sure that is how you accomplish it.

I create another subscriber(for instance extension 5555) at Unity, and create CTI route with 5555 and call forward to 9 1212 234-5678.

At the unity (standard greeting), after greeting send to subsriber to 5555 (attempt transfer).

Is that your method?

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken -

Not quite. In the Unity SA for your initial call handler, look at the After Greeting Action. Select the option "Send caller to" and select Call Handler from the Drop down box. Then press the Select Call Handler button and select the call handler you created to do the transfer. You need two call handlers created in Unity for this to work. You will NOT be sending to a subscriber as the after greeting action. If you need further clarification on this, let me know and I can send you the screen shots in a Word doc. Do also don't need that CTI route point in CallManager.

Ginger

Ginger,

Please send me a doc and screen shots.

It is because even I create another call handler, how another call handler foward to 9 1212 234-5678???

In other words, where or which part for me to enter 9 1212 234-5678 at the second callhandler.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken -

Here it is. This is just the basics ... the call flow could be further customized to meet your customer's needs easily. Hope it helps :-)

Ginger

Ginger,

Thanks for your help... I follow exact what you told me... actually, I was playing around before.. and it is same step you post on the forum.

However, it wont forward to outside number, it just go to voice mail.

Is possible Unity cannot dial outside call?? Is there any place I can avtive??

Thanks

Ken

We have our calls go to our mail box during the day. After 5:00, we forward the phone directly to vm so that the call is sent directly to the after hours greeting. After the greeting plays, the call is transferred to our on call cell phone. At 9:00pm, we turn off the alternate greeting and the closed schedule kicks in. Now the caller hears the closed greeting and is transferred to an off site location. We accomplished this by setting up to call handlers, one for the alternate (after hours greeting) and one for the closed greeting. Each transfers the call to a "speed dial" that is set up in call manager". All of our "speed dials" start with 101, so we have a routing rule in Unity that allows outgoing calls to 101??. In the individual call handlers, under the transfer option, we enterd the appropriate speed dials in the "transfer to extention" field. Unity does not know/care if it is an inside number or an outside number, it just sees it as an extension. If you need help setting it up, feel free to call me at 217-391-0803. bj.

Hey Ken -

In your Unity SA, check the following:

Restriction Tables - Default Transfer. Make sure the number you want to dial is included in an "Allow" call pattern. For example, this call pattern 91209???????, if set to Allow, permits Unity to dial any number with 9 outside access code, 1, area code 209, and any 7 digits after that.

Ginger

I changed 91??????????* from No to Yes, but still doesnt work... weird.

I am going to open a ticket.

Thanks

Ken

Ginger this might give you some more backgroune.

Unified Communications Applications: Cisco Unity 4.0(2) - Call Handler

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbe847b/12#selected_message

I think that it might be the same issue with a different name.

rlp

Guys,

I already open a ticket, tac took a look my configuration and he went back his lab to test now.

I will post the solution later...

Ken

The msg you have referred to is one that I generated a couple of weeks ago. We were able to get around it by setting up the speed dials in the call manager and the appropriate routing resrictions in Unity. We preferred not to set Unity up to allow calls to be routed to 9*, because this sets you up for the possibility of fraud. By using the predefined speed dials, we are able to send the calls to an outside number and limit the numbers that can be routed by Unity at the same time.

Hi -

Yep I concur with you. Thanks for your post and taking your time to let me know :-)

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: