cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic shaping using QOS

vanguard1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. Very new with QOS. I have 5 remote sites. 3 sites connect to an mpls cloud using 2821 router/25mbps pipe. 2 sites have 3750me switches. Bandwidth to these sites is 100/250mbps. I am looking to shape the traffic leaving these sites, so anything exceeding their cir is dropped. How would I do this. Any sample commands? Here is what I am trying to do for the 250mbps site.

MPLS#sh policy-map

Policy Map out-policy

Class bandwidth-out

Traffic Shaping

Average Rate Traffic Shaping

CIR 250000000 (bps)

I am then trying to attach to a gig interface using service-policy output command and attaching my policy-map. Is this correct. Config is attached.

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

yes the config seems ot be correct but i am afraid that the service-policy output command is not supported on the 3750 switches

HTH

Narayan

Hmm. How would I apply a shaping/qos policy to an outgoing interface? I do have es ports, if that would make a difference.

If the command is not supported on that platform then either go for IOS upgrade or as a workaround use rate-limit on interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card