Global subscriber manager help

Unanswered Question
Dec 4th, 2007
User Badges:

This is gonna be a fairly long explanation, so bear with me. A client has recently moved a Unity 4.0(5), win2k3, off-box exchange2k3, Unified Messaging server to new hardware, and added a failover server. They wish to consolidate some of their other Unity 4.0(x) servers onto the new one(s). When attempting to use the GSM to move Unity accounts over to the new server, and the move account utility asks them which Unity server they would like to move the account to, the new server is not in the list.

They are in the same dialing domain, all of their Unity servers are listed in GSM as such. Proper rights have been granted in the Commserver/Stream Files directory of each server. The source server is at build 4.0(4), destination is 4.0(5).

I have noticed what appears to be a problem with one of the Unity System exchange accounts, the Usbms_whatever account. The people who attempted to upgrade to the new hardware initially made some mistakes and the upgrade failed. We were called in to try to clean it up and ended up blowing away the server and building from scratch. The problem I have noticed is that there appear to be 2 identically named exchange accounts for the new primary unity server in the same location. One of them is inactive, and shows it was last logged on to by the unitymsgstoresvc on 11/10/07, which would correspond to when we began to rebuild the new server. The other instance of the account is active and shows it is being logged onto with a local account, the last time being 12/4/07(today).

I guess my question revolves around what is this account for, should it be being logged onto by the unity msgstoresvc rather than a local account, if so are there any gotchas I need to be aware of to delete one of the instances of the account and get Unity logging onto the account correctly, and is this related to the problem they are having with the GSM?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion