Views
Helpful
Replies

intercluster trunk and digit overlap

asmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I've a situation where we are going to have a CM6 and a CM4.1 cluster running together for approx. 6 months before removing the CM4.1 cluster. We'd like to be able to create a route pattern, or some other method, to be able to send incoming or phone to phone calls to the correct extensions, regardless of which cluster the extensions reside on. All of the extensions are from DID blocks, but due to IPCC needs, we have to keep many phones on the 4.1 cluster.

Any suggestions? We also have a translation pattern that is currently causing me trouble, as it seems to take precedence over my route pattern, even though the route pattern is an explicit match.

Thanks for any ideas.

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Symptom : any E1 trunk between 2 publisher Call managers. also 2 variable length DN assignments on two phones in these 2 call managers. Overlap sending route patterns on either call-managers assigned to the Cat6k E1 gateways. timer setting of TimerT302_msec set to equal values on both the call managers.

Condition : Variable length DN's available on both clusters.

workaround : none.

mhansen
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to create a "Catch All" route pattern that will send any number that is not an extension on the 6 cluster to the 4.1 cluster.

If your extension range is 8000 to 8999, create a route pattern that will send 8XXX to the 4.1 cluster via intercluster trunk. From that point on, any extension you add to the CM6 cluster will be a more specific match and will route locally. You also need to do the same on the CM4 cluster. The key to making this work is to remove the extensions completely from the 4.1 cluster when you move that DN to the 6 cluster. that way you wont have an exact extension configure on both clusters at the same time and the call will match the catch all on either cluster.

Mike