Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN issues

CSCO11058275
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the attached configuration in my router (1721). My VPN doesn't work well. I am authenticated but I don't have access to my network. I guess something is missing but I don't fiure what. Please help me identifying and understanding the issue. Thank you very much!

2 Replies 2

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to bypass NAT for the IPSEC Traffic. Please refer the below URL for details. In your case, I would configure a different IP Network for the VPN Pool and configure the router to bypass NAT for traffic from your LAN to the VPN Pool of IP Addresses.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949db.shtml

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate if it helps **

Dear Arul,

Thank you very much for your help. I changed the VPN pool and I tryied to change the VPN type(please see the attached file). The VPN client I was doing the test with is a Microsoft VPN with basic configuration and static DNS IP addresses. If I use public IP address, the VPN works like a charm. If I am behind a NAT, I still can connect but I don't have access to anything. Please hewlp me understanding what's wrong. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Aurelian