cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client w/ Vista problem

laxcis
Level 1
Level 1

Running Vista Home Premium. Installed the latest VPN Client (Vista compatible), version 5.0.02.0090. After rebooting my PC and trying to connect, I get a blue screen. The blue screen doesn't tell me much, but I continue to recieve it every time I try connecting through the client. I have tried clean installs with no luck. I am a local admin of the PC. Any ideas? Tried checking log files and event viewer but it doesn't tell me anything. No log files exist within Prog Files\Cisco\VPN Client\Logs. Thanks

-Ryan

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

There is a bug CSCsd03468 regarding getting a blue screen after installing VPN client software. Check if there are other conflicting virus softwares installed before installing the VPN client.

Found a work around on this. I could actually install the software fine, it was just when I opened a vpn connection that I would receive the blue screen. By disabling my virus scan suite (trend micro) before starting my vpn connection, I am then able to open a connection just fine without any blue screens.