cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

translations on callmanager

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question on translations, i have a customer that dials 92 plus various ammounts of follow on digits and the number needs to be changed to 901612 and the follow on digits, how should i set up the translation on callmanager, i have tried various ways but it seems to want an exact match on the full origional dialled number.

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Firstly is 92 is a specific trunk access code for external dialling?

If this is the case then I would suggest configuring a route pattern such as 92.!# and configure the called number transformation to strip pre-dot, and prefix 01612 unless you need to forward 9 as well to the Telco?

You can assign this pattern to a given partition which can then be added to the appropriate calling party(s) CSS.

This route pattern will match any number of digits after 92 followed by #, other wise you will be waiting for the interdigit timeout before the call will be setup.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

alan

thanks for the info, i have managed to get things working using the translations, we did not fully undertsand the use of the X symbol.

Good to hear you got it working, the only issue that you may find is that because the translation pattern is say for example 92XXXXXXXX (10 digits) and you dial an 8 digits will have to wait for the interdigit timeout to take effect (default is 15 seconds)

To shorten this change the T302 within the CallManager Service service parameters to say 6000msecs.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: