6500 Classroom Training?

Unanswered Question
Dec 5th, 2007

Hi all, I'm looking for a training course on the 6500's (classroom, not web-based). Any ideas? Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mheusing Wed, 12/05/2007 - 04:48

There are a couple of trainings covering different aspects of the 6500:

Catalyst 6500 Implementation for Data Center Business Solutions (CAT6KS) v2.0

Catalyst 6500 Service Module Integration in the Data Center v1.1

Catalyst 6500 Service Module Workshop (CSMW) v1.0

Deploying Firewall Services with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 FWSM v1.0

Hope this helps!

Regards, Martin

joshcarlson Wed, 12/05/2007 - 07:04

It's actually for our department as a whole. Our management wants a hands-on class teaching basics-->advanced, but not necessarily anything as specific as say the firewall module. Primarily interested in implementing/configuring a 6500 (for both core/distro layers) from scratch for a campus environment.

mheusing Wed, 12/05/2007 - 07:22

In case you are "only" interested in standard switching features the BCMSN class would be helpful. Have a look at

Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN) v3.0

The class is not specific for Catalyst 6500, but the technologies covered are not Switch specific and thus it should not make a difference.

As another option you could contact a Cisco Learning Partner to offer you a customized class tailored to your needs. AS Education is also offering customized classes, if you prefer to go to Cisco directly.

Based on your location you can find a Cisco Learning Partner at:

If you are interested in offerings by AS Education you could drop me a mail and I will take care of it.

Regards, Martin

joshcarlson Wed, 12/05/2007 - 07:31

Thanks for the info. Martin. As of right now, we're wanting 6500-specific training, but I'll keep that in mind for the switching exam topics. Thanks.

ccbootcamp Wed, 12/05/2007 - 07:28

Are you interesting in learning CatOS or hybrid? Are you guys running Cat6500s now? What modules do you have in your 6500s? How in depth do you want to go? the ca6500 is a big beast and you could, theoritcally, do a several month course on this type of beast. how many days of training is your team looking for?

If you have more specific questions, I can be reached at: [email protected]

(please rate the post if this helps!)

ccbootcamp Thu, 12/06/2007 - 11:41

got your email Josh. I asked Dawn Tesar to give you call.

garhett Thu, 12/06/2007 - 07:30

I took this class a while back from an authrozied training center.

ACCS - Advanced Cisco Campus Switching.

This Discussion