cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generated traffic through WAN links in SPAN session-like method.

_sebastian
Level 1
Level 1

At the moment I have configured ATM point-to-point links with a couple of Virtual Circuits on it. At one end there is Cisco 3845 router, and Cisco 7206VXR at the other. In fact some links from 3845 go to third router Cisco 2821.

What I need to do is to push my custom generated traffic through these VCs. I would like to transfer different IP traffic from different subnets through these links. I would like to configure it in the way SPAN sessions work. So for example I would like to deliver specific traffic to VLAN or GigabitEthernet port and simply mirror it to specified VC without any modifications (i.e. encapsulation).

Do you think it may be possible to configure such a setup? Do you have any ideas? Maybe some kind of tunneling would be suitable for that purpose?

1 Reply 1

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

You can go for ERSPAN (Encapsulated Remote SPAN). ERSPAN consists of an ERSPAN source session, routable ERSPAN GRE-encapsulated traffic, and an ERSPAN destination session. You separately configure ERSPAN source sessions and destination sessions on different devices.

To configure an ERSPAN source session on one device, you associate a set of source ports or VLANs with a destination IP address, ERSPAN ID number, and optionally with a VRF name. To configure an ERSPAN destination session on another device, you associate the destination ports with the source IP address, ERSPAN ID number, and optionally with a VRF name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card