cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aniserver problem

wwanjohi123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with my ciscoworks. From campus manager i can't connect to aniserver. It is really a nightmare and it keeps recurring.

Winnie.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SyslogAnalyzer should be up and running as well. Looks like you have some issues with this server too.

Can you check the stdout.log found in NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs to see if there are any errors in there?

What are your services set to in the control panel for CiscoWorks?

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager? What OS and browser versions?

Are you connecting to LMS via hostname or IP address?

If you run pdshow what is the status of ANIServer?

-Campus Manager Ver is 4.0.3

-Browser Ver is I.E 6.0

-Am connecting to LMS via IP Address

-PDshow Status "Administrator has shut down this server" See attached.

-I have a database of about 280 devices, kindly advice what what hardware resources i require on my server in terms of memory nd processor capacity.

Do you have a multi-home server? I mean, do you have more than one NIC in your server?

If so, please configure the following file:

...\CSCOpx\lib\vbroker\gatekeeper.cfg

Look for the following and set the correct IP address:

#******************* BEGIN MULTI-HOME PROPERTIES ****************************

# A multi-home machine would have multiple NIC cards each configured

# with different IP address. Please select one IP address as your

# external address using which the client would login to the CW2000

# server. Replace the "" string which appears below

# with external IP address. Uncomment the property by removing the '#'

# character.

#vbroker.gatekeeper.backcompat.callback.host=

#vbroker.se.exterior.host=

#vbroker.se.iiop_tp.host=

#vbroker.se.interior.host=

#******************* END MULTI-HOME PROPERTIES ******************************

From looking at the pdshow output you have many more processes that are shut down which should be running.

Have you changed any of the services in the control panel from Automatic to Manual?

Also, has the casuser account or password been changed on the server?

Davistan,

I got another new server and loaded all the modules a fresh, before i could even perform a device discovery the ANIserver process shows that the administrator has shut it down. What could this problem be?

Also check and see which other processes are shut down on this server. There may be processes ANIServer depends on that are also down.

Have you modified the casuser account on the system at all or the services in the control panel?

The only processes that are down are: DFMCTMStartup, DataPurge and SyslogAnalyzer.

I haven't modified the causer account and the services are all running in the control panel.

SyslogAnalyzer should be up and running as well. Looks like you have some issues with this server too.

Can you check the stdout.log found in NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\logs to see if there are any errors in there?

What are your services set to in the control panel for CiscoWorks?

Apparently i restarted the Deamon and SyslogAnalyzer started running however some are still not running, i have attached the log file and the processes screen shorts. I will wait for your reply.

What phone number can i call you on or are you on on Skype chat??

Hi Winnie,

is the windows server a standalone or does he belong to a domain?

If he belongs to a domain:

- maybe there are policies denying the casuser and the casusers group the access to the CSCOpx Directory.

- The casuser and the casusers group needs to be local on the server.

- Did you or some policies changed the settings of the windows services?

Every service beginning with "CiscoWorks .." has to be manual startup mode. Except the Deamon Manager he should be in Automatic mode.

Maybe you want to run the script:

\CSCOpx\setup\support\resetcasuser.exe to reset the password for the user.

Do you have a Anti-vir programm running. Some of them restrict the useage of unknown services.

Have a look on this.

Good luck and best regards,

Frank

Thanks you so much Frank,

The server is a standalone server and the Causer is local. Am running McAfee antivirus.

About the services i changed them to automatic, now since this was a new installation i have just unistalled all the modules and i'll install it again in a another folder. Tell me where can i get the best practice material for the installation and configuration of ciscoworks? or where can one get training? I have read the user guides but i didn't see some advice like the services starting with Ciscoworks should be on manual mode except the deamon, may be that where i go wrong all the time.

Winnie.

Better put all services back to manual except de the Daemon manager.

The stuff produces enough errors in the log when it is started in the right order by the daemon manager. If all services just start when they please generating errors might be the only thing they will ever do.

You may also want to put mcafee to manual and start it when the server works as it should. You don't really need it unless many users have access to the ciscoworks file system which is to be avoided anyway.

I hope you followed the guidelines of the install guide? Do install via RDP. ultraVNC always worked fine for me.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Winnie,

since you are using LMS 2.5.1, just use this link for installation guideance:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/products_quick_start09186a00805af28a.html

You'll find here all of the install guides for all versions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Best reagrds,

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: