Views
Helpful
Replies

mwi issues

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I am getting the following error in event log

Received message event eNOTIFYQ_ACTION_MSG_READ [3] on NotifyQ for user cn=ttBeckA,cn=Recipients,ou=AM,o=Enterprise who is not monitored. No MWI or notifications will occur for this user. To correct, perform a resync of all mailusers with UTIM: go to the Properties tab of your integration and press the Resynchronize button.

Can I do this resync during business hours?

Also the port status monitor shows the last port as continously being :connected. with the time incrementing. I have disabled this port. Should I enable this before resync? Unity diags (notify) show that message are being delivered, read, deleted. the above error is intermittent. thanks

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can just go to that one user in the SA and resync just their mailbox.

find Subscriber

in the left column click on Messages or message notification (forgot which)

click on refresh and see what happens.

Also, at the IP phone, make the phone can actually use the MWI on/off extensions. You can test them by dialing the extension numbers of MWI. YOu should be able to turn the light on/off by just manually dialing the numbers. If that works, then go back to Unity and try and resync that one subscriber.

IF you do it through UTIM, it will re-sync everyone on Unity and you will see your MWI ports go bizerck for abit while it sends out the resyncs.

Yes, I can dial the mwi on/off ports and it works. the notify trace shows users getting and deleting their vm, and mwi on/off messages. I'm more concerned about the port status monitor and the last port always being 'connected' what does that mean? I have tried resetting the port, but that didn't help

You can try and reset the Unity ports. What version Unity TSP are using? These are sometimes issues with MWI. Updating the to latest and greatest seem to help