cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP VG and issues with DDI

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have an MGCP gateway. Recently we got new DDI lines. 02075491950-2150.

We use a 4 digit extension. so extension 1950 was created for a user.

When the number 02075491950 is dialed, the debug on the gateway shows its delivering 491950 instead of 1950 to callmanager, hence the call does not go through.

I have created the translation pattern...491950..to be xlated to 1950.

When I call 491950 it rings out on 1952..However when I dial the full DDI...02075491950...It says you have dialled an incorrect number...

The CCM trace shows no pattern match...

<info>Cisco CallManagerDigit analysis: match(pi="1",fqcn="", cn="", plv="5", pss="", TodFilteredPss="", dd="491950",dac="0")</info>

</trace>

- <trace>

<Date>12/05/2007 18:38:59.570</Date>

<Cluster>StandAloneCluster</Cluster>

<CMHost>192.168.2.11</CMHost>

<TraceType>Trace</TraceType>

<CTag>2,100,61,1.1484</CTag>

<SrcDev />

<SrcIp>192.168.24.2</SrcIp>

<CTMapKey />

<CTMapVal />

<info>Cisco CallManagerDigit analysis: potentialMatches=NoPotentialMatchesExist</info>

</trace>

The debug isdn q931 shows..

ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0001

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '491950'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

ISDN Se1/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8001

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

what else should I do.

Please rate all useful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Incidentally, I assume that you are able to ring the DN from another IP Phone?

I can I suggest that you use the DNA and ascertain whether you are able to route the call from gateway to the DN?

Regards

Allan.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Hello:

Can you make sure the number '1950' is in correct partition/CSS, because from the debug it says as

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number.

For some reason call manager cannot find that number

csdng1
Level 1
Level 1

Do you know how many digits you are being sent by the provider (e.g. BT) I think the standard is 6, but some of our ISDN's are setup for 4.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The simplest of approaches would be to configure the MGCP endpoint to 4 significant digits within the incoming calls under call routing.

Therefore despite the telco forwarding 6 digits, CallManager will only be interested in the last 4. Given that your DID numbers will exactly match the DNs you allocated to phone there is no necessity for further transformations, unless of course you have other number built on the trunk.

The only other consideration is that the MGCP endpoint incoming calls css has the partition which you have assigned to your DNs. For example if you have assign Internal PT to 1950, then the gateway css should include this PT.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Allan.

Allan, I did configure the MGCP end Point to use 4 digits yet this did not work.

The CSS gateway includes this partition

Hello:

Is this happening only with one single number 1950 or any other number having the same issue?

its happening to all the new DDI numbers.

The gateway keeps passing 49195x

Have you reset the gateway since making any configuration changes?

Regards

Allan.

yes I have. Infact I just truned off mgcp and truned it back on now. And still same thing

After setting the significant digit to 4, I get 4 digits delivered to callmanager from the CCM tarce. However strangely CCM still says no pattern match. I have the number configured on an active phone

Can you try deleting that translation pattern you created before

I just did that. The funny thing is that when I call the number from an internal phone it rings. However when I dial the DDI it doesnt work

What is the current configuration of the MGCP gateway? Do have 4 or 6 significant digits configured. If you have still 4 digits, then make sure that you do not have any translation patterns which could possible match the incoming number.

You can verify this through the route plan, check for numbers beginning with 19. Another alternative would be to configure another DN from your DID range for example 2150, and see whether you still get unallocated number.

Regards

Allan

I have just used one of the new DDI. It dials out fine but it keeps saying you have dialed an incorrect number when i try to dial in to it.

Incidentally, I assume that you are able to ring the DN from another IP Phone?

I can I suggest that you use the DNA and ascertain whether you are able to route the call from gateway to the DN?

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: